Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hot Or Not?

Since having little Tucker, I have realized how much the clothes in my closet suck...ahem... need some revamping.  I have been on the lookout for some new clothing/outfits. I am in need of several things and definitely some staple type pieces. When I am shopping,  sometimes it's difficult to determine if certain pieces can be used in a variety of ways. So, I have been looking for some ideas online that I can keep embedded in my brain for  my next shopping trip.

I came across this pic of JLO. Her outfit is just a simple white jacket, white shirt, jeans, and what I like to call her STATEMENT piece....the shoes.  It is the perfect pop of color. Her makeup is simple and the pink lip matches the booties.
This made me think that pretty much all of us have all these items in our closet right now.
So, what do you think about the outfit...hot or not?

 
 
I also noticed that Peplum tops are supposedly hot now. Again, what do you pair it with was my dilemma. I saw a peplum top a while back at Target. Here's some ways to pair up the peplum tops. With just a pencil skirt and skinny jeans or with capris.

 

 I was just at TJ Maxx the other day and saw a full short skirt that I liked. They didn't have my size, but I just found these ideas on pinterest on how to style it.
check out the pink statement piece...the shoes

love the shoes and bag
 
I've also heard that the next "In" thing in fashion is color blocking. Which to me is wearing solid colors together in an outfit that don't necessarily match, but which "go" together. Here's some pics from pinterest.
 

 I am digging the purple tights!

This outfit I would not think to put together myself but its really cute together.

What do you think about this color blocking?

love how the shoes match the necklace
 
 
 
So, which of the above outfits or styles are you loving? Any other styles that you are loving? Any tips you have on replenishing my closet/wardrobe are also greatly appreciated.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment